30 Minute Chili with Homemade Simple Corn bread.
Chili with Homemade simple Corn bread. I am always a fan of Chili and cornbread, but these two combined is made really easy, I become crazy for it, so I made them over and over again, and I even will enter it in my husband’s Chili cookout next week.
I am hoping that this Chili will win, but am really betting on it.
This Chili is made up of very simple ingredients: beans, tomato sauce and stewed tomato and the rest of the ingredients should be readily available in your pantry, and it is very fast too. JUST 30 MINUTES.
And LET’S TALK ABOUT THE CORNBREAD. Delicious, moist, and simple.
- 1 small size onion,chopped
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can 14.5 oz stewed tomato
- 1 lb ground CHICKEN
- 2 CUPS WATER
- ½ tablespoon, ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili or more according to your liking
- salt to taste
- 1 can 19.75 oz whole black beans
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pot and saute' onion until transparent. Add the ground chicken and cook until no longer pink,or it changes color to brown.
- Add the stewed tomato ,beans and cook for 3 more minutes and add the tomato sauce. Cook for another 3 more minutes and add the cumin,chili,and water. Add with 1 cup of water first and if you think it is too sticky add more water. Season with salt and more chili as desired. Cook for another 10 minutes and serve hot.
- PREHEAT OVEN AT 400 degrees and grease generously 9 inch by 2 rectangular panand set aside.
- Mix flour,corn meal, baking soda ,salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside
- In another medium sized bowl add egg, sugar and oil. Mix using electric mixer or whisk. Add milk and mix together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and pour batter in the greased pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I bake mine at 20 minutes.