The best revenge is just moving on and getting over it. Do not give someone the satisfaction of seeing you suffer.
I have been sick for the last three days now. When things like this happen to me, I usually blame it to the coldness and change of temperature. But this time though, I know it is due to the Diet Ginseng Tea I just purchased.
When we went to a Saigon Restaurant last week, I loved their Jasmine tea so much that I looked for one when I went to an Asian store. While I was in the tea aisle, I saw a Diet Ginseng Tea. This peaked my curiosity and I purchased it, with some hesitation. I am not into an artificial way for dieting. But tea as a diet means, what can go wrong?
Tea is suppose to be healthy because it came from natural form of herbs. I came out in the store with three types of tea: one for relaxation, the other one just because I love the smell of Jasmine, and lastly, for losing weight.
At first, I was clueless. The first night I drank the Ginseng Diet Tea, I got sick. Then the next few days when I did not drink it, I was fine. When I drank it again, I got sick. Then my body is just churning around me. I feel like I was being beaten up. Then I got a fever. I brushed the discomfort aside, and I got even worse. The last time I drank it, it dawned in me that this tea can be the culprit. But it is too late, I am still sick right now. And that tea is in the trash. Never will I drink a diet tea ever again. Oh well, I miss church today because I am still not feeling well.
Speaking of tea, this bundt cake is just a perfect pair for my Jasmine tea and Chamonille tea. Rather that having scones I have this. I baked this cake last Friday because I need to use the left over cream cheese I had left from from the Strawberry Cupcake post. This bundt cake has perfect spice blend. The texture, the moistness, the sweetness. The symphony of the tastes coming together and melting in my mouth, I compare it to the excitement I feel when I anticipate the Korean drama- utter joy.
I you have some colleague who will be celebrating their birthdays, this will be the perfect gift for them. I guarantee you, they will still remember you when they will celebrate their 90th birthday. It is that good. I have to tell you and warn you that this is a total comfort food. Ooops! Do not look at the nutritional info. I know you did.Do not be discouraged. Just commit a "dieter's" mortal sin - just for today. And then you can move on a be a good girl again.
You can skip the cream cheese filling if you want it to be mildly good. And then skip the frosting too if you want me to really get mad at you. 🙁 This is a totally sinful dessert and tempting dessert - THE BEST EVER APPLE CAKE IN THE UNIVERSE .
As I said, I was feeling crappy this morning and I woke up at 5 AM craving for this cake. I had a Jasmine tea and two slices of this...
- 5 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- CAKE BATTER:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups apples ( peeled and chopped into small bite size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- milk ( until the powdered sugar is sticky)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Prepare Filling:
- Beat cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar,egg and flour. Beat until blended. Set aside.
- Prepare the Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- The batter tend to be really sticky, so use a stand mixer. The hand mixer did not work for me.
- Stir together 3 cups flour, sugar, salt cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, all spice.
- Add in egg, canola oil and sour cream and vanilla extract.Mix gently until well blended.
- Fold in chopped apples and mix until the batter is soften.
- Spoon in half of the batter mixture into the greased bundt cake pan. And layer in the cream cheese filling on top.
- Add in the remaining batter on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the skewer will come out somewhat clean.
- Note: Do not get worried that if after an hour of baking, the skewer will still not come out clean. Just continue baking the cake and eventually, it will be bake. Around 1 hour 30 minutes or more.
- Let it cool and remove from the pan.
- Prepare the Frosting:
- Place melted butter and powdered sugar in a small bowl.Mix and add milk little by little until it has a sticky consistency.
- Mix until smooth. Pour immediately on the bundt cake.