- 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/2 lb skinless chicken thigh,cut into small bite sized pieces
- 3 pieces Chinese sausage and cook until it changes its color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small sized onion
- 1 small size tomato, chopped ( size a bit bigger than ping pong ball)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 of red bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a medium sized deep pan and saute' chicken thigh and cook until until soft. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Cook Chinese sausage and cook until it changes its color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add cooking oil,if needed, in the same pan and saute' garlic until brown and onion until transparent. Add the tomato and pepper. Season with Paprika and Tumeric and cook until pepper and tomato are soft. Add the rice and mix to coat with the sauce.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk. Cover and let cook in a low heat until rice is done and liquid evaporated.
- Add the chicken, peas and Chinese sausage mix with the rice gently.
- KEEP AN EYE OF THE RICE AS IT TENDS TO STICK AT THE BOTTOM. When it does, just scrape it and mix. You 'll find yourself mixing the rice all the time to equally cook the rice grain and that's OK.I found that the liquid here is enough as there is steam from covering the Arroz Valenciana while cooking.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino