Perfect appetizer that need to be enjoyed while it is hot. This Bread spinach dip is surelya crowd pleaser . It is easy to make from scratch that I made it twice in one day and I will be making it again for our lake party this coming Sunday. This time, though, I will be making 16 bread instead of the 20 small balls.
SO, watch for additional photos on that one.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup warm water, divided ( ¼ cup for the active dry yeast and the ¾ for the flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- ⅔ cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese
- salt/pepper ,optional
- Beaten egg for egg wash
- Grease large bowl with oil. Set aside. Grease also a 9 inch skillet and set aside.
- Whisk flour and salt then set aside.
- Add ¼ cup water in a small bowl and add in 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast and sugar. Mix and set aside until bubble form. Around 10 minutes.
- When the yeast is ready, make a well in the middle of the flour mixture Add olive oil into the flour.Then add ¾ cup water. and add in the yeast mixture.Mix an using a hook of your electric mixer, mix until smooth. About 3 minutes.
- Transfer dough in the prepared greased bowl and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
- While the dough is proofing, Using a hand mixer, mix 2 cups frozen spinach,mild cheddar cheese and cream cheese and beat mixture until ingredients are completely incorporated and creamy. Set aside mixture.
- WHEN THE DOUGH IS READY, form dough into a circle and divide into 16 to 20 pieces.
- Place a round 4 inch bowl in the middle of the skillet and arrange the dough around the bowl. Cover and let the dough rise for another 30-40 minutes until sides of dough are touching each other. PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO FOR REFERENCE.
- Remove bowl and put the dip in the middle. Brush dough with egg and bake on a 350 F for 20- 25 minutes. You can tell when it is cook when it is hollow when you tap it.
- Put the oven rack in the middle and pre heat at 350 F for 20 minutes.
I MICROWAVE THE MILK FOR 45 SECONDS TO WARM IT UP
!FOR A WARM PLACE:
I turn on my oven to its lowest level about 250 F for 10 minutes and turn it off. Then I let my dough sit there.
ALSO, I can tell when the bread is almost cook when you can smell the cheese and when you tap the bread, it is hollow.
DOUBLE THE DIP, SINCE "EATERS" TEND TO USE THE DIP QUICKLY BEFORE THE BREAD IS ALL CONSUMED
PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO ON HOW TO FORM DOUGH INTO BALLS