This is the Best Pandesal Recipe plus Step by step video got 500 plus comments from raving readers who tried it, and it is the number one traffic drawing in the blog.Check it out!
- 4 cups all purpose flour plus 1/2 cup to sprinkle on the table
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg,beaten (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pack rapid rise yeast (1 sachet is 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk (fresh)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon oil to grease the dough bowl
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs for coating
- Place the flour and yeast , in a large mixing bowl mix and make a well in the middle. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix water, oil,sugar,salt and milk until the sugar dissolves and heat it for to warm temperature 105 - 107.OR YOU CAN JUST PUT SUGAR AND SALT WITH THE FLOUR. Pour mixture into the middle of the flour and mix twice then add the egg.Continue mixing until you will get a soft,fluffy dough. This will be a gooey dough but it is how it should be. When the dough is ready, coat your hands with flour so that the dough will not stick onto your hand and form it into the ball and transfer the dough into a greased bowl. Let the dough sit in the warm place for an hour.
- Here the trick to have an airy Pandesal :After an hour, transfer the dough in a gently floured surface and directly (do not knead) gently form it into rectangle 4 " in width and 20 " in length and then fold to form a log. Cut the dough into 20 or more (depending on the size you want) pieces in a slanting form,shape them and roll them in a breadcrumbs.Arrange the dough 1' between them. Sprinkle the dough with more crumbs and let it rest in a warm place for another hour.
- When ready, Preheat oven at 300 F and bake the Pandesal for 20 to 25 minutes OR when it is lightly brown on top.Enjoy! Store leftover pandesal into the freezer for until a month.
- NOTE: Please read on the comment below,since anonymous did not have a success on it 🙁
- ADDITIONAL TIP: Preheat oven int its lowest setting, for my oven it is 125 F for 2 minutes then turn it off . I use this as the warm place where I can keep rise my dough for two hours. I call it "kinda hot" place for my dough to rise.
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: filipino cuisine
Keywords: pandesal recipe,best pandesal recipe, filipino pandesal