This Black Forest cake recipe will yield a soft and moist cake you'll surely love. You can make this for any occasion. Gift this as a birthday cake, or simply make this as dessert at home.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk ( see notes below)
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- maraschino cherry stemmed
- maraschino cherry, finely chopped
- Whipped Cream
2-3 bars Baker's Chocolate Bar ,shaved chocolate
FOR THE WHIP CREAM FROSTING ( DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THIS RECIPE TO FROST THE CAKE, SO YOU NEED ABOUT 1 QUART OR 32 FL OZ OF WHIPPING CREAM )
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Grease a lightly grease 6 " or 8 X 1½ baking pan. In a mixer bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Pre heat oven at 350 F. In a saucepan, combine butter, water and cocoa powder. Bring to just boiling and stir constantly. Remove from heat and add cocoa mixture to flour mixture; beat with electric mixer on slow speed until just combined. Add egg, buttermilk and vanilla; beat on low speed for 1 minute. Turn batter into the prepared pans and bake until toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean .I usually start checking at 25 minutes from the start of baking process. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and on the rack before frosting.
- Divide cake in the middle and put whipped cream and top with cherry. Spread filling and put the other half of the cake on top.
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- Put mixer bowl and whisk in a freezer for few minutes so that it will be cold, when the mixing bowl is ready , pour in heavy cream and mix on high speed. Add the sugar little by little . And mix until stiff peak. Do not use plastic bowl and do not use greased bowl .
- Take about 2 cups of the frosting refrigerate. When done frosting the cake and you are ready to decorate, put it into piping bag.
TO MAKE BUTTER MILK:
Mix ¼ cup milk and 1 tsp vinegar
Remove 2 cups of the whipping cream and refrigerate it. This will be used for decorating.
- Category: DESSSERT
- Method: BAKING
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: black forest cake