Now this is an opportunity to use fresh and organic vegetables from your garden. This recipe is easy, delicious and just perfect for summer. My husband’s co- worker shared the bounty of their garden and this is recipe is just perfect to use them. This is a terrific soup recipe. It is very healthy, it is low in calorie and very filling. It is cool and refreshing and I love the gentle bite of the chilled cucumber and the smell of the cilantro melding together. So simple to make and you will not feel any guilt when you eat it.
WEIGHT WATCHER’S POINTS :
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: • Old Points: 6 • Points+: 7• Calories :232• Fat: 22.7g • Protein: 5.2g • Carb:13.4 g • Fiber:8.1 g • Sugar: 2.3g • Sodium: 430mg
Chilled-out Cucumber & Avocado Soup
- 1 smal cucumber
- 3 small avocados
- 1 handful cilantro about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 teasponn ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth /vegetable stock for vegan
- 2 green onions to garnish optional
- salt to taste
- mint leaves to serve
- Peel the cucumber, cut into hald lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and roughly chopped and place in the blended. Peel and dice the avocados and add into the blender. Add in the 1 cup of the broth, cumin, juice and cilantro. Blend in high until pureed. Add in the remaining broth and blend until smooth. Add salt if desired. If necessary, add a little bit of water. Pour the soup into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with mint and green onion if desired.