Easy,Quick,30 Minute meal in the form of this Mexican food favorite. Now, let's do this and spare a little bit of time whipping this super simple meal. No fuss, no hassle and super delicious and packed with protein. I made this Beef Fajita right after I got off work this meal saved me from so much stress.
This Beef Fajita started with the pre-sliced beef I got from the store. I then marinate it the night before so that it will b all ready for cooking once I get home from work. This has become too easy to prepare and quick to cook because these steak slices were thinly cut by our local butcher that once I put it in a heavily heated oil, it was cooked in 5 minutes . They also have a pre- sliced pepper which I happily bought that weekend as I was planning of a Mexican themed meal throughout the week. And then the yellow onion were also handy in my pantry.
I know, it could have been easier to buy this in Taco bell, but I have no budget for that, so I made my own. The result, simple, tasty,spicy delicious and cheaper fajita meal. ENJOY!
- 2 lbs flank steak,thinly slice into strips
- ½ of yellow pepper,thinly sliced into strips
- ½ of red pepper, ,thinly sliced into strips
- ¼ of green pepper,thinly sliced into strip
- 1 large yellow onion,thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I used Silver swan)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Fajita mix
- Cilantro to garnish
- 1 piece Lime .sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 pieces large tortilla
- Put the beef in a medium sized bowl and add in soy sauce and vinegar. Mix completely and cover to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- When ready, heat oil in the pan.
- Drain marinade from the meat and add beef into the heated oil. Toss meat to cook around 5 minutes.
- Add in onion and cook for another 5 minutes and then add the pepper. Continue cooking until the pepper wilt but still crunchy.
- Season meat with Fajita mix,salt and pepper according to your taste. In my case, I used half of the Fajita sachet)
- Let the meat mixture cool.
- Warm tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds and divide meat mixture in each tortilla.
- Squeeze in lime and garnish with cilantro.