In the Philippines, we serve Pancit during birthdays to wish the celebrant long life and good health;but in our household, I make Pancit all the time regardless when we are celebrating there birthdays or not.
Pancit is very common in the Philippines. I really think that every Filipino has eaten and has made it once in their lifetime. It is that common there. It is sold everywhere and it is always in every restaurant’s menu, so cooking it once in your lifetime too is similar to assimilating yourself to our Filipino culture. Also, I noticed that the Pancit Canton noodles and the Bihon noodles are now carried in the Asian section in grocery store,or if not, you can order it online too, so this will be easy to make. Enjoy it!
Filipino Noodles Recipe or Pancit Recipe
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- .390 lbs green beans ( 10 pieces)
- .606 lbs carrots 1 piece 5 " length
- ½ of bell pepper
- .366 lbs cabbage leaves 5 pieces leaves
- 2.148 lbs pork meat chicken breast,chicken thigh or chicken drumstick chopped
- 1 pack 8 oz Rice Stick Noodles Bihon
- 3 pack 8 oz Pancit Canton Noodles
- 8 cups water
- ½ to 1 cup soy sauce start with less then add more if needed
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil and saute' garlic until lightly brown.
- Add in onion and cook until transparent.
- Add meat and cook until it changes color and soft.
- Add the soy sauce and let cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots and green bean and then add water.
- Let simmer and add first the Rice Stick Noodles and mix with the veggies
- Add in the Pancit Canton Noodles and gently mix until the water dries out.
- Add the cabbage,mix with the rest and turn off heat.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCOOK THE NOODLES AS IT WILL BECOME SOGGY. USUALLY, WHEN THE NOODLES ARE MIX TOGETHER, AND THE WATER DRIES, REMOVE IT FROM THE HEAT AND TRANSFER TO THE SERVING CONTAINER.