Filipino Style Pork Barbecue is marinated with homemade Filipino Barbecue Sauce which was made with ketchup, sprite, sugar, soy sauce and spices. It's marinated overnight, to achieve that Filipino flavor inside the meat.
1 1/2 lb pork shoulder, thinly slice into bite sized pieced
Bamboo skewers, submerge in water overnight
Filipino BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Jufran Plain Ketchup or just a regular ketchup in the store
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice or Kalamansi Juice ( bout 4 lemons)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Sprite
Mix these ingredients together.
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
Submerge barbecue skewer in the water overnight and then pat dry excess water when they are ready to use.
Marinate the sliced meat in the Filipino style sauce overnight.
Stitch meat into the skewers and preheat the griller.
Grill the meat until cook through and brush with the ketchup mixture.
- Category: filipino
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: filipino
Keywords: filipino barbecue