FOOD FOR THE GODS Author: shobee
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dates , chopped OR ( raisins)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts OR ( cashew)
- PRE HEAT OF OVEN AT 350 F and line 8 x 8 inch with parchment. Move oven rack in the mid level.
- In a large bowl, add in the melted butter, sugar and mix. Add the eggs, light syrup and vanilla. And mix until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking soda , baking powder and salt. Mix together until incorporated. Add the walnut and the dates and mix.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking pan and bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
FOOD FOR THE GODS RECIPE VARIATIONS:
So I made this Food for the Gods twice, using different variation and ingredients.
I used 1 cup of Craisins or Raisins since Dates is very expensive in the Philippines.
I used 1 cup chopped cashews
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
And the recipe turned out really good too.