Green Beans is one of those vegetables that I like. It can be made into a delicious salad, you can make it into a Green Bean Casserole or this sautee'd Green Beans that you can eat by itself; or, if you are like me, I eat it with rice. Then you can make it into a vegetarian if you are one by using tofu instead of meat. It is so easy to cook... I promise.
The other day, my husband and I were watching Anthony Bourdain's show featuring his travel in Spain. In the show, he was enjoying the beef, chicken and all these various good food... and I commented about how those foods will be perfect if only it will be eaten along with rice.
Being Asian and being a Filipino in particular, I love rice for everything. I eat rice morning,noon and night and would you believe me if I say that in the Philippines' Mc Donalds and KFC chain, they include rice in their chicken meal? For me, a meal is not a meal without rice. So today, I am making a very simple Green Bean recipe that you can make that goes perfectly with rice. Aside from being a simple recipe, you can customize it to your liking, so I will not fuzz about the measurements but I will give your freedom to adjust the taste according to your liking...ENJOY!!! Trey also these vegetable recipe: Pork Stuffed Eggplan Boats, Chilled Out Cucumber and Avocado Soup
- 1 lb fresh green beans,sliced into small pieces
- ½ lb pork or chicken breast ( tofu if you are vegetarian) , slice into bit sized peices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion ,chopped
- 5 cloves garlic (or more), crushed
- soy sauce
- Heat the oil then saute' garlic and onion
- Add the pork or chicken. Cook and simmer, until totally cook. Add in the green beans and season with soy sauce. Season to your liking.
- If using tofu, add it after the green beans.