I have Ground Chicken Portobello Mushroom, Basil Breakfast Egg Cups is our breakfast menu for today. I've tried this breakfast staple in one of out favorite breakfast joint here in Bend, Or. Every time I go there, this is one of my choices and I haven't gotten tired of it in spite of having it so many times. It is a high protein and healthy meal that must be in your breakfast rotation too.
I adore this meal too much because its ingredients are my favorites: Portobello Mushroom and Basil . Yes!
So this meal start with saute'ing the ground chicken and the mushroom to make sure that they are cook through before serving. And then the rest of the ingredients are mix separately. When the ground chicken mixture is done and cooled, you can mix it with the egg and pour it in the muffin pan. Bake for around 30 minutes, and voila, this egg cups are ready to serve.
What I like about this Ground Chicken Portobello Mushroom, Basil Breakfast Egg Cups:
- Quick to Make
- Also good for dinner
- Even more tasty when slathered with Spicy sauce.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 oz (2 cups when chopped) Portobello Mushroom PLUS 3 pieces for decorating (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup onion,chopped
- 5 eggs beaten
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pre heat oven at 350 F
- Spray medium sized
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and add in ground chicken.Cook chicken until brown or when it is cook through. Add in Mushroom and cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.Let cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix basil,onion with the beaten egg. Add ¼ teaspoon salt or season according to your liking.
- Add in cooked mushroom and ground chicken mixture and mix.
- Spray 12 cups muffin with non stick oil and pour in the ground chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until egg is set.
- Serve hot.