Juicy, Moist Roasted Chicken. You can smell and taste the spices and seasoning soaked into the lean meat by overnight brining… You will never want to buy Roasted Chicken from the store again….
I tell yah, it may be easier to buy ready cooked roasted chicken because it is just fast and convenient but this Roasted Chicken recipe I am sharing with you today has its own set of great advantages: aside from its easy prep and ingredient accessibility , making your own Roasted Chicken,gives you control on how good it will taste and an assurance that it is fresh. Who knows how long that chicken have been sitting on that shelf. Old Roasted Chicken can mean a rubber like meat and arid tasting drumsticks. You do not want that, so here at this moment, you can be making your own Roasted chicken which is guaranteed moist, juicy and tasty… you can taste the spices in the meat. You will be happy you made time for this .Really…
To show you how this Roasted Chicken climb to my echelon of the juiciest and “moist-est” category, I brined it overnight with salted water mixed with lemon juice, garlic and basil. To make it the tastiest “chicken on earth,” common seasonings like onion,pepper, salt , basil , lemon and butter were rubbed into the chicken meat. I also inserted onions into the chicken’s inside.
So when I got to start eating it with my rice, OMG , I – L-O-V-E IT SOOOOO MUCH!!! And you can tell how much affinity I have for this bird as evidenced in my thousands of photo, this is me trying to convince you to TRY IT… really…. T-R-Y IT…
Guaranteed Moist Juicy Roasted Chicken
- 5 -6 lbs Young Whole Chicken
- 1 small onion roughly slice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- bay leaves
- 1 stem green onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons salt plus
- 2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- water to cover Chicken
- Potatoes Carrots or Apples
- BASIC SAUCE FILIPINO STYLE optional: JUST MIX
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce Silver Swan recommended
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- BRINING the Chicken the Night Before
- Clean the Chicken and place chicken in a deep large cooking pot. Include the giblets. Pour in water just enough to cover the whole chicken. Add all the brine ingredients iclude the pulp to the liquid. Cover chicken and put in the fridge overnight.
- WHEN READY.
- Pre heat oven at 350 C
- Drain all the liquid and pat the chicken dry. Prepare the ingredients. Salt the chicken's inside and then add the basil,green onions and chopped onion.Insert butter into the chicken's skin. Lather the outside with the garlic salt. Prepare the pan and arrange potatoes, apples or carrot and put the chicken on top. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooking thermometer will register at 180 F.