I am going to share to you this healthy breakfast muffin. It contains the beautifully red colored raspberries which we know contains antioxidant vitamins like vitamin A and Vitamin E. Raspberry is also a good source of potassium which helps control heart rate plus so many minerals in it. The whole wheat just gave this healthy breakfast extra boost.
This is not too sweet. Since I did not crush the raspberry when I folded them in the batter, there is a little sour taste in the bread. I love it like this. You can puree your raspberry if you want. It is your choice.And have you noticed there is no oil nor butter in the ingredients? Yup your eyes did not fool you. There is no oil nor butter here. Just enough reason to give this a try. You can freeze this too and just thaw it in the counter whenever you are ready to eat them.
Healthy Breakfast – Whole Wheat Raspberry Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Greek Plain Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups raspberry
- Pre heat oven at 450 F
- Mix ingredients 1 to 5 in a large bowl. Use a wire whisk or a spoon to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- The coconut butter tend to be solidified, so place it in a small bowl and melt it in a microwave for 30 seconds. If it is melted continue on.
- Using the same bowl you used in melting the coconut butter, place ingredients 7 to 10 then mix completely until mixture is smooth or sugar has dissolved. Add into the flour mixture and continue mixing using a spatula or spoon.
- Add in/ fold in raspberry and until incorporated. The batter tend to be thick. It's okey. Do not add any liquid.
- Spoon batter into a lined muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the muffin sounds hollow when tap. Or the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
- Leave in the muffin pan for another 10 minutes.