If love was water, I’d give you the whole sea
I am trying to stay hydrated all the time and I had fallen into drinking soda lately because in spite of my defiance, my husband has been sneaking soda inside the house. So to make him convert into the healthier way of hydrating, I was able to make these various flavored drinks which were inspired from Yummy Life.
These watered flavors looks so lovely and will make you drink more water even though you are not thirsty. I usually drink mine with a straw. I bought a whole set of pint and half jars plus the plastic leads. It cost me around $ 13.00 for the whole thing. I think it is a good investment though because how much do we usually spend with sodas? As of this writing, I just stuck in flavored cucumber with sage herb and cucumber with mint in the fridge for tomorrow’s consumption. I do not add sugar in my flavored water but if you are just starting to wean from sweet drinks, you can add a little bit of sugar until you are ready to let go of sweet drinks.
Below are the various mixtures I came up with. You can create your own. My favorite among these are the strawberry with basil, cucumber with basil, raspberry-peach with mint. I like all of them though..
These flavored water are also very easy to make. You do not have to prepare all the flavors as I did. I just prepared a bunch of them , since I made several flavors for this blog. And since I cannot drink all of them, I froze the flavored water in the freezer and I just take them out and put it in the fridge the night before to thaw.
Healthy Drinks – Flavored Water
- 1 tsp of Lime juice/ 3 slices of Cucumber
- 3 leaves Basil/ 1/4 cup sliced Strawberry
- 5 pcs mint leaves/ 1/4 cup Raspberry/ 3 slice of Peach
- 5 slices of Cucumber/ 3 leaves of Basil
- 1/4 cup Blueberry/ 3 leaves of Mint / 1 slice Orange
- FLAVORED WATER RECIPES
- Lime and Cucumber Flavored Water
- Prepare a pint and half bottle jar. Add in 3 slices of cucumber and add in 1 tsp juice of lime.Add in ice and water to fill the jar. Refrigerate and enjoy it with straw.
- Basil and Strawberry Flavored Water
- Prepare a pint and half bottle jar. Put into the jar 3 leaves of basil, and 1/4 cup sliced strawberry. Add in ice and water to fill the jar. Refrigerate and enjoy it with straw.
- Mint/ Raspberry and Peach
- Prepare a pint and half bottle jar. Put into the jar 3 slices of peach, 1/4 cup raspberry and 5 pcs of mint leaves. Add in ice and water to fill the jar. Refrigerate and enjoy it with straw.
- Cucumber and Basil
- Prepare a pint and half bottle jar. Put into the jar 3 leaves of basil, and 5 slice of cucumber.Add in ice and water to fill the jar. Refrigerate and enjoy it with straw.
- Blueberry and Mint with Orange
- Prepare a pint and half bottle jars.Place 3 leaves of mint, and 1/4 cup blueberry. Ad 1 slice of orange. Add in ice and water to fill the jar. Refrigerate and enjoy it with straw.