This is a sneaky sauce my friends. It is a secretly healthy pasta sauce that has tricked my husband and my kids to eat vegetables. The sauce was made of carrots, tomatoes, garlic,onion and lean ground beef. I created this healthy sauce to sneak in some vegetables into our dinner. Although my kids are grown up, they still have a special aversion on anything veggies. Just like their dad, when ever they see carrots or onion, these veggies are shove down to the out most corner of their plates. I hate seeing when they do that. But I just got the solution just right here.
Help! My kids do not like vegetables!
It is challenging to feed my children because they do not like vegetables. And that is what I thought is the healthiest meal I can give to my children. They eat only egg with rice or any meat with rice. Though I have been partly to blame for this, since I did not really train them to eat veggies when they were little, I am in a mission to turn this around.
SHHHHHH ! This is just between us, okey? I have been trying to sneak in some vegetables into their meals.
Since I started staying home and was trying to become a "noble" housewife, I have been concocting recipes that my children will be tricked into eating veggies.
Garlic lowers cholesterol. Carrots is high in vita min A which is good for the eyes and skin. As my grandma said, "It make the eye shiny." Onions improve digestion. Tomato sauce is packed with vitamin C and improves the immune system. Basil is high in nutrients, Finally, I was able to sneak these veggies in one sauce.
This recipe below is my version of sneaky chef. My son loves this. I chuckle sometimes when he raves about this. Not knowing that garlic, onion, carrots- the veggies he abhors, are present in this meal. I purposely add in the veggies a little late to so that it will be kind of raw when they eat it. I also mince the ingredients so that it will not be obvious. I hope you will enjoy this as much as we do. Again, do not forget to pin the pictures and follow and like me in Facebook.
PS : NOTE: Freeze the left-over sauce so that you can use it to make Bubble Pizza .
- 5 cloves garlic ( chopped)
- 5 medium sized carrots ( chopped)
- 1 small onion ( chopped)
- 2 pieces dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 can 14.5 oz Diced Basil Oregano and Garlic
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce in any brand
- 1 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 box 12 oz fettucine pasta or any kind of pasta you want ( see notes below)
- Velveeta Cheddar cheese to garnish or Parmesan Cheese
- Handful of Basil Leaves for garnish ( optional)
- Cook pasta per box's instruction
- In a large cooking pan, heat the oil
- Add in the ground beef and let it cook until it is not pink or it is cook through
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes and add in the sauces and the can of DICED Basil, Oregano, Garlic
- Let the sauce mixture simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add in chopped onion, garlic and carrot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pasta with cheddar Velveeta cheese on top and basil leaves.
NOTE: Freeze the left-over sauce so that you can use it to make Bubble Pizza