How do you make Shrimp and Chicken Shumai? I tell you, it is as easy as 1-2-3. In fact, I was hesitant to share this, because the recipe is very simple, I felt like it is irrelevant at all to measure the ingredients; so, I will just give you the basic of the recipe, BUT! You can actually eyeball it according to your liking, SO HERE IS THE RECIPE FOR THIS Shrimp and Chicken Shumai.
1 lb Ground Chicken
1/2 cup ground dry shiitake mushroom
1/3 cup green onion
3 teaspoons corn starch
3 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
3 teaspoons oyster sauce
5 pieces raw shrimp,peeled and grind
4 gloves garlic, chopped finely
1 teaspoon ginger
Shumai wrapper ( freeze leftover meat mixture) For this post, I used only half the meat mixture since I am planning to use the filling for my next post.
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 teaspoon Vinegar
1 clove Garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons Sesame oil
Mix all of the ingredients and make sure that they are well combined. Cover and let sit in the fridge for an hour.
Now fill the shumai wrapper.
The dipping sauce
- In a bowl, add in all ingredients for dipping sauce. Mix well and it's ready.
- Cut the 4 edges or corners of the square wonton/shumai wrappers (skip if you're using round wonton wrappers).
- Take a piece of wonton wrapper.
- Place the wonton wrapper between your thumb and index finger. Put some filling on it and press down, keep putting more filling until the top of the wrapper. Use the back of a spoon to level off the filling. Place some grated carrot on top. Repeat until your finish all the filling.
- Spray the base of your steamer non stick spray. Place the shumai inside and steam for 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Best served while shumai is still hot. Enjoy!
You can actually just eyeball this recipe. Adjust the seasoning according to your liking.
Just test a small part of the mixture by frying and see if the taste is already according to your liking.