This Korean Style French Fries Corn Dog is a delicious twist of the usual corn dog. A crunchy potato on top smeared your perfect condiment
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons white or brown sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 pieces large potatoes
- 1 cup Japanese style Bread crumbs ( a must. some bread crumbs have tiny grains. Japanese style have large grains. )
- 5- 6 pieces hot dogs
- Peel potato and slice into cubes. Boil about 10 cups of water and cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain thoroughly and pat dry using paper towel or cloth.
- In a small bowl, microwave water until warm to the touch. Add in the sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add the yeast and let sit until it's bubbly.
- Mix the flour and salt in a rectangular shape container and add in the yeast mixture. Mix the ingredients using a spoon or a ladle until the batter is smooth. Cover for an hour and let sit in a warm temperature.
- String hotdog in a strong stick, I found that bbq sticks are too flimsy for it. Chopsticks is the best to use.
- When the hotdogs are ready, Dip it in the batter and using rotating motion let the batter coat the hotdog and dip it in the potato and then using your hand, coat it with the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in a hot oil until golden brown. To test the oil, dip the chopstick in the middle of the pan and if it bubbles, the oil is hot enough.
- Deep fry corn dog until all side is golden brown.
- Drain in a paper towel and sprinkle with your favorite condiments.