Hi! Since I am getting discourage about how slowly I am learning about blogging and food photography, I am not going to talk too much today; but I want to share with you my most favorite quote that encourages me when I am down. It is from Ira Glass. This quote justifies the mediocrity of the photos I have here, so bear with me. I broke the quote into pieces ... Ciao!
I am loving this tart pan and I am dying to use it with one of my future tart bakings. You can buy it in Amazon and I found that it is not available in any Michael stores, Walmart or in the mall. Check it out. It is 4. 75 " round.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Confectioner's Sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter OR ¾ cup of butter then skip the Olive oil ( I just substitute the ¼ cup with olive oil to go easy on calories then dice into small pieces)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon ( extract the juice)
- 1 navel orange ( extract juice)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup milk
- FOR THE CRUST: Pre heat oven at 350 F . Place flour,confectioner's sugar,salt in a large bowl. Mix and then add in sliced butter and using your hand, incorporate the butter with the flour mixture. Add the olive oil intermittently until the crust is flaky. Place the crust into a 7 x 5 baking sheet and press hard into the baking pan, make sure to seal any cracks.Bake in a preheated oven until brown, around 20 minutes.
- FOR THE FILLING : Meanwhile mix the granulated sugar,flour in a bowl.Set aside.In the other bowl, mix the lemon juice, orange juice and lemon zest, milk and eggs. Beat and then add into sugar mixture. Beat until there will be no more lumps. Pour mixture into the hot crust and bake for another 25 minutes - lower the oven temperature to 325 F. Bake until the filling is set. The filling will look bubbly but it will set once you remove it from the oven and while it is cooling. Let cool and and slice into match box size squares. Serve immediately or, refrigerate before serving. Store left over in an air tight container.