- FOR THE FLAN
- 4 egg yolk, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE PUTO
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 4½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup water
- 4 egg whites
- Brush puto mold with oil. Set aside.
- In a steamer, boil ten cups of water.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the flan ingredients and pour 1/8 cup flan mixture in the puto mold.
- in another bowl Mix all of the Puto ingredients. Set aside.
- Pour 1/8 cup of the Flan mixture to the puto mold and steam flan mixture for 15 minutes. Do the same to rest of the flan mixture.
- When ready, remove the set flan mixture and pour 1/8 cup puto mixture on top and steam for another 15-18 minutes.