MEAL PREP: BEEF AND EGG BURRITO. Happy Sunday, everyone. Am I the only one who dreads Sunday because it’s Monday the next day? I hope I am not alone, because I actually feel guilty about hating Sundays. But then my husband told me that I just have to accept Sudays,so that I can get to Fridays. Oh well.
So today’s meal prep is Beef and Egg Burrito with mushroom, bell pepper and onion. Add in the Franks Super hot soy sauce and I think your lunch is good to go. This meal prepping thing has been a very good family bonding for us. Last week, I had the husband and the son help me out with wrapping spring rolls and now this Burrito. Another plus is that,since I have been meal prepping, I lost 7 pounds. Wohoooo. So glad that the weight budge a bit because I tried losing last year and it did not work. This meal prepping help me out in meal portioning by clearly seeing how much I am eating and not to go for second serving… I am reallllllly crossing my fingers that me getting healthier this year will succeed.
Note also, that this recipe is only a guideline. You can revise the filling as much as you like. You can add anything in it
- 1 lb beef slice into small pieces
- 12 eggs beaten with 1/2 teaspoon salt or more if you like
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 lb mushroom sliced and sautee'd
- salt pepper,soy sauce for seasoning (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- about 2 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 2 packs large flour tortilla
- FRANKS SPICY HOT SAUCE
- In small bowl mix together salt, pepper.soy sauce and check if it is to your liking. Add the beef in it and mix to coat. Marinate for and hour.
- Heat skillet in medium heat with oil and pour beaten eggs. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Add oil in the same skillet and saute' sliced mushroom and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- Heat the skillet again and add in oil. Cook the beef until no longer pink. Season accordingly and remove from the pan. Drain excess oil and let cool.
BEEF AND EGG BURRITO ASSEMBLY:
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of egg and put onto center of each tortilla.Add about 2 tablespoons of the beef, small amount of bell pepper and onion and roll into burritos. ENJOY!!