Make this very soft, fluffy and delicious Filipino Mamon. Instructions are easy to follow and recipe has been tried over and over for a no fail Mamon you can make.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee powder ( I used Nescafe' classic)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- DON'T GREASE PAN
- Pre heat oven at 350 F
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and make well at the center. Add the wet ingredients, and mix gently until there is no lumps. ( some coffee granules are hard to break, so it ok if they are not completely dissolve). Using your spatula, mix until smooth.
- In a separate non grease bowl, mix the egg whites and the cream of tartar until bubbly. Add a third of the sugar and mix. Gradually add sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold meringue into the egg mixture make into 3 parts and transfer batter into a tart pan and bake in a pre heated oven until toothpick comes out clean, or mamon bounce back to when poke. Usually, this only take 20 minutes. Let cool and remove from the pan. Serve and enjoy!
REMOVE MAMON FROM THE PAN WHILE STILL HOT. BE VERY GENTLE.
You can add all of the coffee powder with the dry ingredients, or, add half to the water and mix and the other half add to the dry ingredients. Whatever you choose, it yeilds the same mocha taste, but I prefer mixing half of the coffee with the water.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: filipino