Palitaw or float in English is a famous dessert/snacks in the Philippines. This snacks got its name because when you prepare it, you just have to submerge the Palitaw mixture into the boiling water and when it floats, it is done.
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup Glutinous rice
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup toasted Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup freshly shredded coconut
- Mix the glutinous rice and water in a mixing bowl.
- Mix by hand until you are able to easily make a dough. If the mixture is too wet, add glutinous flour 1 teaspoon at a time until you can form a ball and you can flatten it with your hand without sticking.
- Form all the mixture into ball and flatten with both palm.
- Boil 6 cups of water. When the water is boiling, drop the flattened mixture and wait when it floats,
- When the mixture floats, remove it with a slotted spoon. Let the water drain and roll the Palitaw to the shredded coconut.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the Palitaw with the sugar mixture.
- Serve the Palitaw while it is still warm.
- Mix sesame seeds and sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Filipino