Popcorn Chicken . Quick, Easy and Delicious. The kids will surely love his finger food. They can’t but ask for more.
Popcorn Chicken that your kids will surely rave about and a GIVEAWAY, what can be better that this. It is like Christmas in January- gift and food together in one post.
But first things first… THIS POPCORN CHICKEN. That golden color is very pretty, right? Wait ’til you taste it. This Popcorn Chicken is moist and tasty. You do not need to add more seasoning to it. It is not bland at all.I made a huge batch of this Popcorn Chicken so that the kids can have something to eat for their dinner when I am at work. I just freeze them waiting for it to be eaten. This is super fast to make and easy. It is great with ranch and BBQ sauce. But I prefer mine with ketchup.
This yumminess starts by marinating the chicken breast ahead of time, I put it in the Zip Loc and and I then freeze the chicken right after. I usually do this because it saves me so much time. As you know,I only have chunks of time in my hand, so whenever I have a spare time, I am marinating chicken ( check Chicken Breast and Hoisin Sauce Marinade) and I am slow cooking food just like this Crock Pot Sweet Potato and Apple Beef Stew so that the freezer is always ready. And this Chicken Popcorn is one of those food that I prepared ahead of time. The ingredients of this recipe is readily available in your stores except the Silver Swan (affiliate). Although a few carry this Filipino soy sauce, some don’t, so you can replace this soy sauce with Kikkoman.
When you are ready just thaw it and deep fry until golden brown. Since this is a huge batch, I deep fry all them and I let the finish product cool down and freeze them. Another great thing about this Popcorn Chicken is it is still tasty and moist when you heat it in the microwave.
I was trying to be cool about this chicken by using the fork while I dip it in the ketchup but it feels like it is taking a long time, so…..
Here’s me slathering these munchies using my hands… yum! Sometimes, dropping my guard down works better. And the kids followed suit. I tell yah, we had fun munching almost all of it until our bellies cannot take any more.
And now the Give-away!!!!!!! Yup, this is a $700.00 worth. After spending your money last Christmas, me and my fellow blogger friends pool together to give you another a present. Just add and follow our social media to enter. GOOD LUCK!
Popcorn Chicken Your Kids Will Love plus Giveaway
For the popcorn Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into small cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce Silver Swan (affiliate) or Kikkoman
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 cup or more Canola Oil
- Put the chicken, soy sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, and chili powder in a large zip <g class="gr_ gr_300 gr-alert gr_spell undefined ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="300" data-gr-id="300">loc and seal. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until chicken is coated with the spices and then add the corn starch. Shake the Zip Loc so that the meat will be coated with corn starch.Marinate overnight in the frige or, you can freeze it for future use.
When Ready to Fry
- Put the all-purpose flour in a flat plate. Add the pepper and garlic salt. Mix ingredients.
- Scramble the egg in a small bowl and I put it in a flat plate for easy access.
- Take the marinated chicken breast from the Zip Loc and dip it in the egg first, then the flour mixture. ( I sometimes coat all the chicken before I start heating the oil, but it works as well to coat the chicken four at a time and deep fry it as ou go.)
- When all of the chicken breasts is flour coated, heat the cooking oil on high and deep fry the chicken until golden brown. Drain excess oil with paper towel.