- 1 1/2 LBS PORK HOCKS OR PORK BELLY(you can use chicken too)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup red onion,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1/4 cup dried lilly flower, or dried banana blossoms
- 1/4 cup Taosi ( salted black beans)
- Wash pork hocks and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a medium size pan, heat cooking oil and brown pork hock in both sides. This takes about 15 minutes on both sides.
- Remove meat from the pan and saute' garlic and onion using the same pan.
- Add the water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and let boil.
- When boiling, add the pork hocks and cover pan. Cook the meat until tender. Add the bay leaves, lilly flower and salted black beans. Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: FILIPINO