Here is an Oriental Recipe that you can make – pot stickers or dumpling, however you call it, is a very easy appetizer and easy party food that will surely please your family or your guests!
My family call this recipe dumplings but for my American friends, they call it pot stickers. Whatever it is called , I think this dumpling is a very good appetizer for any occasion. Although it can get tricky to make, the “zen ” feeling of shaping and the patience it takes to make this meal give a sense of release from stress.
For me, that is what is cooking is all about. A release from stress. While I cook, I feel calmness and excitement at the same time. It also heightens my self -esteem knowing that my clan will be eating my meal with gusto. And this pot sticker surely bring out those things. I hope you will like it. I entered this post in Weekend Potluck 110 and Dianna Rambles.
Steamed Pork Dumpling
- 1 cup froze shrimp thawed and chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium sized carrot chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grate ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 stem green onion chopped
- 1 pack 36 pieces pot sticker wrap Hongkong Dumpling Gyoza Brand
- non stick spray
- cup of water in a small bowl to seal pot stickers
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp onion
- Place the ground pork in a deep bowl. Place shrimp in an electric chopper and chop. Add in green onion, garlic and chop some more and transfer into the bowl with ground pork in it. Using the same chopper container, place the carrot and chop. Add the carrot into the shrimp, pork and onion mixture. Add in the egg, salt and corn starch, sesame oil and using your hand, mix to incorporate the mixture together. Set aside. Spray steamer with oil spray.
- Prepare the pot sticker wrap. And separate them and place them in flat surface. Put the shrimp and ground pork mixture in the middle of the wrap and dipping your fingertip on a water, wet the sides of the wrap and seal the pot stickers as show above. DO the same to the rest of the shrimp and ground pork mixture.
- Heat 2 tasblespoon of oi in a pan and fry the pot stickers until golden brown. Add in 1/4 cup of water then cover the pan until the water is evaporasted or until the pot stickers are cooke through. Serve hot.
- Mix all of the ingredients and adjust taste according to your preference