An easy pumpkin bar recipe you can make. It's moist and a perfect treat for a cold autumn day paired with your morning coffee.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 29 oz pumpkin puree
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 pack 3 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer until foamy; add white sugar, vegetable oil, and pumpkin. Beat on medium speed until incorporated, 2 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Beat flour mixture into egg mixture on low speed until just combined, 1 minute. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over cooled pumpkin cake; sprinkle with cinnamon.
This recipe was adapted with revisions from All Recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Ingredients:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves