Quinoa with Tomatoes and a Bunch of Green Onion in them, done in 20 minutes… So easy to make and it is a family favorite. It is a healthy meal on a whim! Bound together with a small amount of soy sauce to highlight the deliciousness. And it is Vegan All The Way!!!! Enjoy it!
I have to give myself a tap on the back because for 3 weeks now, I have been religiously going to the gym and actually eating right. I think I got the AHA moment when I had a very bubbly and chatty patient weeks ago. She was really friendly and she just brought light in the patient room; but when I brought her to the exam room, her look changed from jolly to concern and disgust and remarked, ” Will I fit in there?” as she cowered with embarrassment. I feel sorry for her because she is so aware of her size and I can also empathize because it is really difficult to maintain a healthy weight.
In my job, I encounter heavy patients and they motivate me now to really work hard on maintaining a healthy weight because it is a fact that obesity really does contribute to some of these patients’ health problems. But maybe, they are also like me who hates the gym and who sometimes uncontrollably eat a lot of good food and who maybe, just do not know what to do to be healthy… BUT THIS TIME, for two weeks now, I am really choosing to love myself y through exercise and eating healthy and this Quinoa with Eggplant and Tomato Stir Fry is good to start with…and if you fancy it, I have several Vegan Meal Collection than you can choose from…
Serve this with :
- Rice cooker and brown rice recipe
- Leftover Ham Fried Rice with Mixed Frozen Veggies
- One-Pot Chicken Thigh and Rice Casserole
Quinoa with Eggplant and Tomato Stir Fry
- 1 eggplant slice into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz grape or cherry tomatoes tomato
- 1/8 cup red onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Add in garlic and cook until it turns into light golden brown.
- Add in onion nd tomato and saute tomatoes until wilted and add in eggplant. Cover and add in 1/4 cup f water and cook until soft.Mix the ingredients so that it will be coated by the oil. Let the eggplant cook (add very small amount of water if necessary ).When eggplants are soft, season with soy sauce.Add in cooked Quinoa and mixed all of the ingredients.
Leave a Reply