“Big things often have small beginnings”
There are so many chicken breast or pork meat recipes out there. It is normal because chicken breast and pork meat are readily available in the supermarkets and they are usually on sale. Chicken breast and pork meat are also very versatile kind of meat. It is easy on almost any type recipes you can make. Easy in the sense that whatever sauces you mix chicken breast with, the meal will come out delicious. So today, I am going to share to you this easy recipe made with chicken breast, tofu or pork meat.
I know you are thinking what you are going to do with the left-over oyster sauce that you used from the Skinny Crockpot Asian Beef with Broccoli and the Bean Sprouts and Tofu Meal post , so I am solving that problem here. I made a recipe just to solve that. Actually I am just tossing in the pork meat in the fridge and I added the asparagus into it too to make it healthier. Did you see the nutritional facts below? This meal does not contain a lot of calories and yet it is oozing with good minerals. As for myself, I serve this meal with tofu instead of chicken breast and port meat.
My husband and my son are not really vegetable lovers, so it gets tricky to find out the kind of veggies that will suit their picky palates. This recipe however, is a winner. I do not overcook the asparagus and pepper so as not to lose their crunchiness. The oyster sauce gave this food a salty and sweet taste which gave this viand a kick.
I think the oyster sauce is a bit expensive for its small bottle, but since I have some ingredients that will be perfect paired with oyster sauce, I can use it for later. I also have some menu in line that uses oyster sauce, so it is worth it.
Please try it and I hope you enjoy it. Don’t forget to pin some of the pictures too… BTW, I still have some oyster sauce left in the fridge, so there will one more post with oyster sauce meal – coming soon!
Asparagus with Oyster Sauce
- 1 bunch Asparagus cut into half
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper any color of pepper will do
- 1/2 lb pork or chicken breast diced or cut into thin strips or 15 OZ firm tofu for vegan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce or SOY SAUCE FOR VEGAN
- Heat oil. Then add onion. Let the onion cook. You can tell if it turns transparent.
- Add diced pork and let it brown in the cooking oil. When the pork turns brown in all sides,, add water and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- When the meat is cook. add the asparagus and let the asparagus turn lighter green. Do not overcook the asparagus. It is not good when it is not crunchy.
- Add bell pepper.
- Add oyster sauce.
- Let it simmer for one last time .
- Serve and Enjoy.