"TOO MUCH EGO WILL KILL YOUR TALENT"
This is another crock pot recipe that will make your taste buds dance. This is an easy beef recipe, I tell you. You can leave it cooking in the crock pot and you can move on to continue doing those lunges or push ups or whatever it is you are doing.
After I shared with you the chicken curry recipe which was cooked in a crock pot, I thought that it will not hurt if I will again share another delicious meal that will certainly rock your world. Seriously.
I usually prepare the ingredient the night before, and before I go to sleep, I turn on the crock pot. Then in the morning I prepare this for my husband's packed lunch .Or, I turn on the crock pot in the morning, by night time, I have the beef soft and ready. Then I add the vegetables.
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do. There will be more crock pot recipes coming up in the future. I promise.
This recipe needs a special part of the beef. You need the beef chuck roast one. Because I noticed that if you use the other kind, it is not as tasty. They are usually labeled " chuck roast" in the meat section. If you do not know what and where it is, just ask the clerk and they will show you where it is.
I thought looking for the meat among the meats is perhaps the most difficult part of the meal. But when I decided to just ask the meat lady where it is at, this became an A +++++ , positively easy meal.
Oh my did I say tasty? Yup! It is. In fact, when I was typing this post, the thought of the meal brought chills to my spine. Really.
- 1½ pound boneless beef chuck roast , sliced into thin strips about 1½ thick
- 1 can ( 10½ ounces) condensed beef consomme'
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bag ( 16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets OR 1 head fresh broccoli florets removed from stem ( I use this one)
- Sesame seeds ( optional)
- Place beef in the crock pot /slow cooker.
- Pour consomme' and oyster sauce over beef
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high settings
- After 3 to 6 hours, stir 2 tablespoons of corn starch in a small amount of water. Stir until smooth. Add into the beef . Stir until cornstarch is incorporated.
- Add in the broccoli.
- Continue cooking on high setting for 15 more minutes.
By: Shobelyn Dayrit