Delicious sticky rice snack from the Philippines which is often serve on Holidays. It is sticky, chewy and wrap in banana leaves.
- 3 cups Glutinous Rice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can 13.5 Fl oz Coconut Milk
- In a medium size bowl, soak Glutinous rice for an hour. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, mix 3/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt with coconut milk.
- When rice is ready, put it in a large flat pan, and add in the coconut mixture.
- Add remaining salt and sugar and mix completely
- Turn on the heat to medium and let the rice boil. Cook rice until coconut milk is evaporated and rice is half cook.
- Let Suman cool and wrap with banana leaves.
- When Suman are wrapped, put them into a deep saucepan,one that encase the suman tightly so that it will not float around, and add water to cover. Cook Suman for an hour.
- Cuisine: Asian