"Today is another chance, make the most out of it."
I promised in my CROCK POT ASIAN BEEF WITH BROCCOLI post that I will be posting a meal with Oyster sauce in it, so here it is. There will be my one more post with oyster sauce and then we will be done with anything oyster. We can move on to a different sauce? Maybe the Teriyaki sauce which was a leftover from the CHICKEN BREAST STIR FRY SAUCE ?
Our food for today was called Tofu with Bean Sprouts and Peas. I have some left over tofu in the ref and I was thinking about just frying them. I realized that I still have some bean sprouts and the oyster sauce, so I decided to cook this meal today.
I am so glad to say that this is good enough, that I did not mind eating it without rice. Paired with the TIEN'S SOY SAUCE, which my husband got from his Vietnamese colleague, I am so eager to eat the last strand of the bean sprouts. I will be sharing another recipe with oyster sauce next week. What can I say, I do not want that Oyster sauce sitting in the fridge for a long time. I have to get rid of it, right?
NOTE: If you are vegan, you can replace the oyster sauce with dark soy sauce and add accordingly depending on how salty you want it. ENJOY!
- ¼ cup bell pepper (diced )
- 1 small onion ( diced)
- 1 fistful bean sprout
- ½ cup peas
- 1 14 oz firm tofu (cut into cube sizes)
- 5 tablespoon sesame oil (3 tbsp sesame seed oil for sauteing and 2 tbsp for drenching)
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce OR soy sauce for vegans ( or more depending on how you want the meal to taste)
- Prepare a plate with paper towel to drain the tofu. Set aside.
- Place 3 tablespoon of oil in the pan and heat the sesame oil. Add in and fry the tofu in all side until golden brown. Remove the tofu from the pan and drain into the plate with paper towel on it. Set aside.
- Using the same pan you used from frying the tofu, sauté onion until it look transparent.
- Add pepper and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add bean sprout and frozen green peas and cook for another 5 minutes minutes
- Add in the oyster sauce or soy sauce if you are vegan.
- Drench in the remaining sesame seed oil let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fried tofu to the above mixture and add oyster sauce if you desire. Then mix.
- Transfer into the plate and serve hot.
Note: Just make sure that you do not overcook ingredients, since it will be less tasty when the veggies are not crunchy.
Serve and Enjoy.