Tomato salad drench with olive oil, spiced with basil leaves, dark beans were added to give it a kick of high protein, the results, this amazingly delicious salad, my friends.
If you are a follower in this blog, you will notice that since I started this blog last September, I only posted 3 ( three) salad meals. You wonder why? Because I hate to eat salad. If you talk about salad as raw veggies, then, I AM NOT SO INTO THAT.
So when I want to eat tomatoes, I saute’ them; I cook my lettuce as well. Then I stir fry my spinach. When I stumbled into this salad, it looks like I may have found a salad recipe that I am in love with. I like the olive oil and the basil dressing. I love the smell of the basil with the olive oil – then the sourness of the tomatoes were “kinda” hidden by the olive oil. And then I say it again, the smell, yumm.
I hope you will try this and I hope you will be smitten with it. If you like it, please share it with your friend and pin the pictures also. And do not forget to follow me. Ciao!
BASIL – DARK BEANS AND TOMATO SALAD
- 1 can 15. 5 oz dark beans
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes cut into halves ( leave some to garnish the salad)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drain the beans and put into a bowl. Add in the tomatoes.Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add in the basil and continue cooking until it is lightly discolored. When basils are discolored ( with dark spots in it)
- Add in the basil and the oil into the bowl containing the beans and tomatoes.
- Add salt and peppercorn according to your liking. Garnish with the left over basil
- Let the salad marinate for 30 minutes before serving