This TURKEY RECIPE BRINE recipe is my go to recipe for Thanksgiving turkey. I brined the turkey in the fridge 2 days before roasting it. This process will yield a moist and soft bird for Thanksgiving.
TURKEY RECIPE BRINE:
1 gallon, or more water (enough water to cover the turkey)
1/2 cup Kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
BACON BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY:
1o lb whole turkey
12 slices bacon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh sage
1 tablespoons fresh thyme
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 yellow onion, quartered
10 sprigs thyme
4 sprigs fresh sage
orange, grapes etc.
- Pre heat oven at 375 F
- Make sure you remove giblets from the turkey.
- Pat dry turkey with paper towel.
- Place bacon, butter, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper until thick paste forms.
- Rub bacon mixture until inside the skin and outside of turkey.
- Stuff turkey with onion sage and thyme.
- Tuck wings under and tielegs with kitchen twine.
- Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours
- Reduce oven to 325 F and cook until thermometer temperature register at 165 F
- Let sit for 30 minutes before carving. Slice the bacon into small pieces.
HOW TO MAKE THE TURKEY RECIPE BRINE
- In a huge bucket that fits in your fridge, pour in water, salt and pepper. Taste test it if it is salty enough. I start with ½ cup of Kosher salt with water covering the turkey.
- Let the turkey submerge in the brine for 2 days in the fridge.
- On the day of Thanksgiving, drain turkey from excess water.
- And prepare the turkey for baking