VELVEETA STOVETOP MAC AND CHEESE. A delightful pasta dinner the whole family will love. It’s easy, delicious and cheap.
Velveeta Cheese was added to this recipe to make this Macaroni and Cheese creamy and irresistible!
I have been meaning to try this recipe two weeks ago, but I just did not get the time until now. I have to make this quick because my Velveeta cheese has been sitting in the fridge for a long time since I made the Velveeta Broccoli Soup
I have to be honest with you here. This is the first Mac and Cheese that I made from scratch. My children love Mac and Cheese and I comfortably buy them in a box because they are easy to access, cheap, and easy to make. The thought of making Mac and Cheese did not even cross my mind, until I saw this recipe in Yammie’s Noshery.
The recipe looked very easy to make. I think I made this meal for less than twenty minutes. Who can beat that? Although I tweaked some of the ingredients based on what is available to me, in my opinion, the result is better than the store-bought ones. My daughter also agreed with me in this conclusion.
The cheese I used here is Velveeta Cheese and I used elbow macaroni noodles. I did not add salt or any pepper because I thought the Mac and Cheese were good enough. You can add pepper and salt to fit your taste. It is up to you. I love the smell of cilantro and paprika, so I used them for garnish. I am so proud of the outcome. I hope you will try it.
- Chicken Leg Oven Bake
- Budget-Friendly Meal Plan # 1
- Homemade chicken Gyros
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
VELVEETA STOVE TOP MAC AND CHEESE
- 3 cups elbow noodles
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 cup Velveeta Cheese or 2 cups Velveeta Cheese
- 1 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1-2 tsp corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste if desired optional
- paprika and cilantro for garnish optional
- Cook the noddles per box instruction
- When the noodles are cooked, do not turn off the heat, drain and return to pot. ( lower heat - please see note below)
- Toss in butter and half of the evaporated milk.
- Let the butter melt.
- Add in the Velveeta Cheese and let it melt. Continue mixing.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining evaporated in a bowl and mix in the cornstarch until smooth.Set aside.
- When the Velveeta cheese is melted pour in the evaporated milk with the cornstarch and stir constantly until thick.
- NOTE: If there is a left over, just add a little bit of milk if it is dry, microwave, mix and it will be creamy again.