Vietnamese Beef Meatballs Soup
THIS FILLING (I tried both and both are delicious. in this post, I used the second one
- 3 lbs. lean hamburger meat (ground beef)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cups Quaker minute oatmeal (not old fashioned)
- 2 well beaten eggs
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/s teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
OR THIS FILLING:
- 1.41 lbs ground pork
- ½ cup yellow onion,finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 lbs huge beef bones with marrow
- 10 cups water ( you can use the store bought beef broth too)
- 1 packet of Gia Vi Pho Bo (Artificial Beef Flavor Broth) - 2.7oz)
- 1 medium size red onion ( ½ cup when chopped)
- 2 stems green onion
- 1 inch size of fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 stem lemon grass
- 8 pieces Homemade Meatballs
- Green Onions
- 1 lb Jiangxi Rice Stick
- The night before, put all of the broth ingredients in the crock pot . Let it cook overnight.Season with the Gia Vi Pho Bo (Artificial Beef Flavor Broth) according to your taste.
- The next day, add in the steamed meatballs and let it warm.
- Mix the meatballs ingredients and shape into balls (a scoop works well):
- Steam the meatballs until cook through and freeze for next use.
- Cook the rice sticks per package instruction and divide them into 4 bowls and add the steamed (frozen) meatballs.
- Pour in the broth to the bowls. Add the rest of the garnish. Refrigerate left over for the next meal.
This meatball recipe yielded 24 steamed meatballs. It is you option to make Barbecued Meatballs too if you want. But for me, I made Siopao with Meatball filling with it. I will share it very soon.
- Category: Soup,Main
- Cuisine: Vienamese