DINUGUAN RECIPE KAPAMPANGAN
FILIPINO PORK BLOOD STEW (DINUGUAN ) is a famous cultural food from the Philippines that you need to know or even try.
- 2. 5 pound boneless pork shoulder cut in strips
- 10 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 piece 4 inch size Anaheim Pepper
- 3 pieces of dry bay leaves
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar add more if needed
- 1/2 cup onion chopped ( around .340 lbs)
- 2 pound pork blood
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- more FISH SAUCE ONLY IF NEEDED
Marinate pork with 1/4 cup of fish sauce. I used Rufina patis.
In a large size cooking pot, heat oil and then sautee' garlic until light brown.
Add in onion and sautee' until transparent.
Add the marinated pork shoulder and cook until all of the water is evaporated.
Add the pork blood and the Anaheim pepper.And let it simmer in medium heat. Add the 5 cups of water and continue to simmer. Add the vinegar and bay leaves. Let it cook to boiling until the meat is soft.
Cook for additional 45 minutes after boiling.
Adjust taste by adding fish sauce and vinegar. Season according to your taste.