Easy Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe
This is an Easy Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe that yields a spongy, fluffy and soft Pandan Chiffon Cake in no time. The prep time is quick and easy. Ingredients are easily available, and the Pandan flavor from scratch.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 20 ml coconut oil
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 30 ml pandan juice plus 1/8 teaspoon of pandan extract to add green color please see notes below
- 5 tablespoons cake flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Pre heat oven at 300 F and put the wire rack at the middle of the oven. Do not grease 8 inch tube pan.
Put egg yolks in a small bowl.
Add in the sugar and mix.
Add the oil and coconut milk and mix.
Add the pandan juice mixture and mix.
Add the cake flour. Mix using a wire whisk until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
! FOR THE MERINGUE:
Put egg whites in a stand mixer bowl and mix until frothy.
Add the cream of tartar and mix. Add the sugar intermittently. 3 times and mix until stiff peaks.
You can tell if it is stiff peaks, when meringue forms a horn when you pull the whisk upward.
!PREPARING THE CHIFFON CAKE:
When meringue is ready, scoop about a cup of meringue mixture and add it into the egg yolk mixture.
Use a folding method in mixing. Using a spatula, scoop mixture then pull up until all of the mixture are incorporated. Do this gently, folding too hard will result in a hard chiffon cake.
Add mixture into the rest of the meringue and mix again using the folding method.
Transfer mixture into a NON GREASE 8 INCH tube pan and holding the middle of the tube pan, tap the pan in a flat surface to remove air bubbles.
Bake at pre heated 300 F oven for 45 minutes.
Make sure the rack is in the middle of the oven.
When chiffon cake is done, let it cool upside down for 2 to 4 hours and gently remove cake from the pan using a knife.
- In the video I interchange order on adding the oil, coco milk, cake flour --- it doesn't matter. It yielded the same great result.
- For making the meringue, make the egg whites mix the egg whites until frothy, about 1 minute mixing, then add the cream of tartar.
- To make the Pandan juice. Blend 5 fresh pandan leaves and add about 1/2 cup hot water. Strain mixture to get 30 ml of juice.
- If you don't have pandan leaves, use 2 tablespoons coconut milk and add 1 /2 teaspoon of pandan extract. Mix and measure 30 ml.