How to Make Lumpia Shanghai or Filipino Egg Rolls plus VIDEO
This Lumpia Shanghai is a non traditional. Instead of adding celery, I replace it with bell pepper. The filling never spill and still very delicious.
Servings: 40 Lumpia
- 1.41 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pack TYJ spring roll wrapper.
- I used the round spring rolls wrapper too and still work out great. Just dip it in a warm water then put the filling and roll.
Mix all of the ingredients and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or overnight until ready to wrap.
Deep fry Lumpia Shanghai, thaw or frozen.
When ready, wrap all of the Lumpia and line them in a flat cookie sheet and freeze. When the Lumpia are hard, transfer to a Zip Loc and freeze until ready to eat.
Fill the Lumpia thinly to make sure that the meat is cooked when you fry it.
ALWAYS SERVE HOT.
Taste test your lumpia by heating oil in a cooking pan and fry a small amount of the filling. Season according to your liking.
Here is the video for this recipe: Lumpia Shanghai