SCOTCH EGG SIMPLE, QUICK, AND TASTY
Easy, and quick fix dinner that you can make. I made this right after arrived from work and it is huge batch that you can have so much left over for lunch the next day. Try this out with ketchup and you will be drooling in no time.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup traditional bread crumbs
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic salt coarse ground with parsley flavor start with 2 teaspoons and fry small amount of the mixture and adjust taste to your liking For me, 3 teaspoons was good enough.
- 6 oz red bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 oz onion finely chopped
- 7 large hard boiled eggs
- 3 cups Canola oil for deep frying
- Additional 2-3 cups traditional bread crumbs to coat formed scotch egg
Boil 7 large eggs until hard. Set aside then peel.
Pour the additional 3 cups Traditional Bread Crumbs on flat plate. Set aside.
Combine ingredient 1-7 using hand.
Divide mixture into 7 portions,form into oval shape and add hard boil egg in the middle.
Gently form the meat mixture around the egg as evenly as possible. Half inch thickness of the ground meat was just good enough.
Roll Scotch Egg to the prepare Traditional Bread Crumbs and deep fry until golden brown.
Heat coking oil and fry Scotch Egg and deep fry until golden brown.
Drain extra oil with paper towel.