Chicken Satay using chicken thigh, sliced in bite size pieces cooked in a grill until meat temperature is 165 F
metal or bamboo skewers
- 1/4- 1/2 cup coconut milk I suggest 1/4 cup so that it's not too watery.
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 .5 lbs chicken thigh, slice into bite size pieces
Peanut Sauce Ingredient
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can 400 ml creamy unsweetened coconut milk , separated remove 1/4 cup and use it for the marinade
Slice chicken thigh into 1 inch length and 1/2 inch thickness.Place the chicken in a medium sized bowl and add in all of the marinade ingredients.
Marinate the chicken overnight or if you are in a hurry, you can just let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
When ready, drain the bamboo skewers and dry them.
Thread the meat.
Pour in 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan or cast iron.
Add in the satay and fry for 8 minutes on both sides or until meat inner temperature is 165 F.
Serve with peanut sauce and lots of cilantro rice or just plain steamed rice.
Add in all of the ingredients in a medium sized sauce pan.
Mix using wire whisk and let it simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes until thick.
Let cool and serve.
Place left over peanut sauce in a zip loc and seal. Put in a flat surface pan and freeze.
Transfer the frozen peanut sauce and re heat in a microwave and mix using whisk until smooth again.