Orange Chicken Recipe Easy
Orange Chicken Recipe Easy. This is an Easy Orange Chicken you can try. The prominent orange flavor from freshly squeezed orange juice consists of 6 ingredients and is very simple to make.
Servings: 4 servings
Cost: .50 cents
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (juice of 2 large oranges)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken stock
- 1 lb slice chicken thigh
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups cooking oil for frying
Marinate the Chicken
Place sliced chicken in a medium sized bowl.
Add the garlic and onion powder, salt pepper, sesame oil and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Cover with plastic.
Marinate overnight in the fridge
When ready, strain all purpose flour and remaining baking soda. Add the egg and Toss the chicken gently to coat the mixture.
Heat 2 cups of cooking oil and fry chicken until golden brown. Drain excess oil using a paper towel. Add into the prepare Orange Chicken Sauce.
Make the Orange Chicken Sauce
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil and saute' garlic and ginger.
Add the sugar, soy sauce, orange zest, rice vinegar and orange juice. Let simmer in low heat and keep on stirring.
Mix the cornstarch and water and add into the juice mixture. Let simmer in low heat while stirring continuously until sauce is thick.
Add the fried chicken and mix gently until they are coated with the sauce.
This recipe makes a small amount of sauce, so double the sauce if you like
- Make sure there is enough distance between the meat when frying.
- Make sure that the oil temperature is hot, by testing it with a chopstick. Dip the chopsticks in the middle of the pan and if it bubbles, it’s hot enough.
- Or, drop a small amount of the batter and if it fries quickly, the oil is ready. Or, use an oil thermometer and see if temperature reaches to 360 F