ZOODLES WITH HOMEMADE MEATBALLS AND HEALTHY VEGAN SAUCE. Healthy meals. What is that? Eating healthy was never in my vocabulary until I/WE had our physical exams and our numbers, cholesterol and sugar, came out high. This actually made me worried because being exposed with patients each day, I am able to witness what poor health can deter us from having a good quality of life when we are older.
So I am worried and concern. I love good food and that means I have to limit,or give up my favorite foods like this Mango Cheesecake . DOes it mean that I can't eat Lechon Kawali anymore or no more favorite Pandesal ? I can't even think of those prospect, so I decided to eat them once in a while and eat healthy all the time and this Zoodles is just perfect for my healthy plans. Not only this Zoodle is so delicious, but I made the sauce vegan for all my vegan friends out there. In the picture, I added my homemade meatballs, but this is just optional. So enjoy this Zoodles today and make a lot so that you can meal prep it.
- 1 lb pre pap Zoodles, or you can cut your own. I have a spiralizer.
- 1 can ( 24 oz) Garlic and Herb pasta sauce ( any flavor will do)
- 1 cup carrot,chopped
- 2 cups mushroom ( cut into small slices)
- 5 cloves garlic ( ground)
- 1 medium size onion ( chopped)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large sauce pan then and in garlic and onion. Saute' for around 2 minutes.
- Add in mushroom and carrots. Let the mixture simmer until the mushroom turn dark brown in color or become soft.
- Add in tomato sauce, sugar and salt.
- Let it simmer for around 5 minutes. Serve on top of the Zoodle with the meatballs. (don't cook the zoodles. Just put the sauce on top while it is hot and it will soften the zoodles. This really refrigerate well and you can just heat it up in the microwave.
- Serve and Enjoy.