Today, I am going to share to you the recipe of this healthy and low calorie brownie. This is a vegan type of brownie. This is a very good way to use that summer zucchini produce that your neighbors will leave at your front door... Did I mentioned it is only 83 calories? It also has zucchini in it and my favorite Chia Seeds. It is very moist and not too sweet and utterly packed with good nutrients... ENjoy!
Speaking of vegetables or produce left at your front door, have you experienced that? When I lived in Missouri, our neighbors there were garden lovers. So when it was summer, I enjoyed strawberries, asparagus and melons - all for free... then one summer, they planted zucchini and that is the first time I ate Zucchini. I love it too much that I learned to cook it in diffenrent forms: Zucchini Bread, sautee'd Zucchini , raw Zucchini... I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS!
But then, words came out that my family love Zucchini so much that it came to a point that the whole town was dropping Zucchini in my front door. I do not want to hurt my "town's" feelings, so I have learned to find a way to use up all the Zucchini I recieved out of goodwill, so this Zucchini Brownie was born. It is vegan and simply tasty and unlike the real brownie, this is a no guilt snack...
Low calorie chocolate brownie
- ¼ cup unsweetened Hersheys Cocoa
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup soy milk (Silk Soymilk Vanilla Flavor)
- 1 zucchini ( shredded)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grease the 7 x 7 baking pan with oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Pre heat oven at 350 F
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, Chia Seeds in a medium size bowl. Mix completely using a whisk or spoon
- In another bowl mix soy milk, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolve.
- Add into the flour mixture and mix again. Add in salt and add in zucchini, chocolate chips and mix completely
- Pour into prepared 7X7 baking pan,
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serving Size 1 Serving
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories from Fat 13
Total Fat 1.4g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.8g 4%
Cholesterol 1mg 0%
Sodium 165mg 7%
Carbohydrates 15.4g 5%
Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3%
Vitamin A 1% · Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 3% · Iron 4%