There’s no fancy recipe today but this simple dumpling soup. I will, however, share with you Five Ways on How to wrap dumplings.
Please watch the video for the instructions.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 131 grams pork fat about 1/4 lb of pork fat
- 118 grams shrimp 10 pieces shrimp raw and deveined
- 5 pieces dried shiitake mushrooms bloomed and chopped
- 3 stems Asian chives chopped
- 1 stem green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 pack Dumpling wrapper Choose the one with thin label
- 1 piece carrot garnish use a lemon zester to shred carrot and garnish on top of the dumplings
- Place pork fat in a food processor and process until finely ground. Set aside.
- Devein shrimp and chop until grounded. Set aside.
- Place 4- 5 pieces of shiitake mushroom in five cups of cold water. Let them bloom overnight and when ready, squeeze out the water. Finely chop and set aside.
- Chop the green onion and Asian chives into small pieces and set them aside. Place the ground pork in a large bowl. Add in the ground shrimp and pork fat. Add the shiitake mushroom, chives, and green onion. Season with sesame toasted sesame oil, oyster sauce, white ground pepper. Add in the large egg. Mix all of the ingredients by hand. Make sure that the ingredients are completely incorporated. Cover the mixture and let it sit in the fridge for an hour.
- Take one tablespoon of the ingredient and do a taste test. Heat a small amount of oil and fry the mixture. Season according to your liking if needed.
- When ready, place the dumpling wrapper on how you want it. Please see the video below.
Make A Dumpling Soup
- Place two cups of chicken broth, or any broth of your choice. Let it boil and season with chicken buillon. Season according to your liking.
- Add five pieces of the prepared dumplings and cook in medium heat for six minutes, or until dumpling filling is cooked. Garnish with Baby Bok Choy. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Mention @theskinnypot or tag #theskinnypot!
Leave a Reply