Hi, guys! What I am sharing with you today is one among the many process of how to use up your Zucchini. This could be the thousandth time you heard about Zucchini recipe, but I want to claim that this recipe is set apart, because I added it into our famous Filipino Lumpia. So don’t get bored, hang in there and jump into the recipe below and make this.
ZUCCHINI CHICKEN LUMPIA RECIPE
Two of our friends gave us a bunch of Zucchini and it came to a point in which I did not really know what to do with them. I’ve made Zucchini bread and Zucchini fries with it, yet I still have some leftover. One night, I got the Zucchini out, removed its seed and chopped all of them using my electric chopper. I then allocated 2 cups of the chopped Zucchini in the Zip loc and froze it- not knowing how it will turn out.
When the time came for the frozen Zucchini to be used, I was crossing my finger hoping that it is not wasted. I first thawed it for a few hours and drained the excess juice. I added it to the Lumpia as extender and this, the picture above, is the outcome.
When I brought it to the party, our American friends loved it. It was gone in seconds.
What I am proud of this is that I was able to use the vegetable that were sitting in the fridge. I used the bell pepper from our garden the carrots and the garlic.
I love about this :
- Crowd pleaser
- Made use of Zucchini
- Veggie filled
- Perfect finger food.
FOR A RECIPE LIKE THIS:
ZUCCHINI AND CHICKEN LUMPIA RECIPE
- 2 cups chopped Zucchini remove the seed before chopping and do't peel
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 Pack Lumpia wrapper
- 4-6 cup Canola oil for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl except the lumpia wrapper and oil.
- When done, 1 tablespoon of oil and taste test the mixture.
- Add salt as needed. ( for me, this mixture above is enough)
- When the mixture is ready, put wrapper in a flat work surface and add 2 tablespoon zucchini mixture on the edge of the wrapper .Spread the mixture towards both edge and roll wrapper. Seal with water. Do the same to the rest of the mixture.
- Heat oil .When ready to fry, cut the Lumpia into 2 to 4 then fry until golden brown.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...