I posted this Yellow Curry recipe in my Kainang Pinoy blog and I thought it will also be a great recipe for this blog too.
As usual, this is one of those easy recipe that just taste so good and the kind of food that my picky eater daughter enjoys, so I am pretty proud of this meal. I prepare the ingredients when I get home from work and slow cooked at low overnight. In the morning I am met with this delicious meal ready to be packed for lunch.
- 1½ lb Beef Chuck Pot Roast slice into bite sized pieces OR i inch by 1 inch when slow cooking You can substitute beef with chicken breat,pork or chicken.
- 1 cup cubed carrots OR sliced into 1 inch pieces when slow cooking
- 1 medium size potato OR slice into 4 pieces when slow cooking
- 2 tablespoons Indian yellow curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can 13.5 oz fl Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking for stove top cooking only
FOR SLOW COOKER
- Put the beef on the bottom and add the vegetables and pour the coconut milk and water.
- Slow cook for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready, add the tumeric and curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired
Stove Top Cooking
- Heat cooking oil and cook meat. Add in 1 cup of water. And let the meat soften.
- When meat is cook through, add the coconut milk and cook fora another 15 minutes.
- Season meat with tumeric and yellow powder.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Hi, my name is Shobee. Welcome to The Skinny Pot, where we cook Easy Recipes from the available ingredients from our pantry and fridge! We’re your go-to source for simple and delicious recipes that make the most of what you already have at home. Talk about the pantry challenge. Read more...