Grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs are a mouthwatering delight. These succulent pieces of perfectly seasoned chicken, expertly grilled to perfection. Whether for a healthy protein or savory dish, they are a must-try.
Indulge in this delectable, hassle-free meal that will always satisfy your taste buds.
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs are a versatile and delicious protein option for the whole family. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, planning a weeknight dinner, or looking for meal prep ideas, these succulent delights will impress. So, let’s dive in and unlock the secrets to grilling them.
Why you will love this Recipe
- Significant to any mealtime menu. With their juicy tenderness and endless flavor possibilities. A crowd pleaser, for sure.
- With this article’s knowledge and expert tips, you can create delicious grilled chicken thighs that will leave your family and guests asking for more.
- Cheap- Chicken thighs are always a cheaper version of any meat in the market. They are also adaptable to any dish meal plan you have.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh– they are quick to cook. They are sold cheaply in the stores, so I always choose to use them as a meat ingredient.
- My Filipino Style Barbecue Sauce– Filipino barbecue sauce, also known as “sarsa” or “sawas,” is a flavorful sauce commonly used in the Philippines to marinate and baste various grilled or barbecued types of meat. It is an essential component of Filipino-style barbecue, adding a tangy and slightly sweet taste to the grilled dishes. It is a combination of savory, sweet, and tangy flavors, resulting in a well-balanced taste.
This sauce is us to marinate meats like pork, chicken, or beef before grilling. It is often brushed onto the meat while cooking to create a glossy, caramelized glaze. The result is a deliciously charred, juicy, and flavorful barbecue that is beloved by Filipinos. Use this as a dipping sauce if you want.
Overall, Filipino barbecue sauce is a delightful combination of savory, sweet, and tangy flavors that enhances the taste of grilled meats. Its unique blend of ingredients and seasonings sets it apart, making it a favorite among Filipinos and barbecue enthusiasts.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs in a deep bowl and pour in the marinade.
- Mix the ingredients: chicken thighs are coated with the sauce.
- When ready, place the chicken thighs on the preheated grill and cook for approximately eight minutes. Cooking time varies what’s the thighs thickness
- Rest for a few minutes. Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Serve the grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Grilling
Grilling boneless skinless chicken thighs may seem simple, but mastering the art of achieving perfectly cooked, juicy, and flavorful results requires some tips and tricks. Here are some expert tips to take your grilled chicken thighs to the next level:
- Choose High-Quality Chicken Thighs
When it comes to grilling, using high-quality chicken thighs is crucial. Look for organic or free-range options that tend to have superior flavor and texture. Additionally, ensure the thighs are fresh and properly stored to maintain quality.
- Opt for Boneless and Skinless Thighs
Boneless and skinless chicken thighs are ideal for grilling. The absence of bones and skin allows for even cooking and easy handling. However, if you prefer the added flavor and texture of the skin, leave it on while grilling and remove it before serving.
Marinade for Maximum Flavor
Marinating the chicken thighs before grilling is critical to infusing them with flavor and enhancing their juiciness. A well-crafted marinade not only adds depth to the meat. Experiment with different marinades using a variety of herbs, spices, citrus juices, and oils to create unique flavor profiles.
- Preheat the Grill-Preheating the grill is essential for achieving that coveted sear and ensuring even cooking. Allow the grill to heat up to medium-high heat before placing the chicken thighs on the grates. This initial blast of heat will help create those beautiful grill marks and seal in the juices.
- Oil the Grill Grates-To prevent the chicken thighs from sticking to the grill, it’s important to oil the grates before cooking.
- Practice Proper Timing-Timing is crucial when grilling boneless skinless chicken thighs. Overcooking can result in dry, tough meat, while undercooking can lead to a risk of foodborne illnesses. Grill each side for eight to ten minutes. I always use a meat thermometer to ensure doneness.
- Let Them Rest-Resist the temptation to dive right in once the chicken thighs are cooked to perfection. Allow them to rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving.
- Experiment with Flavor Variations-While our classic recipe is a great starting point, don’t be afraid to get creative with your flavor combinations. Try incorporating different spices, herbs, sauces, or marinades to customize the taste to your liking. The possibilities are endless, from zesty lemon and herb-infused thighs to spicy Cajun-inspired flavors.
- Can I use bone-in chicken thighs instead of boneless?
Absolutely! Bone-in chicken thighs can be used for grilling as well. Grilling bone-in chicken thighs take a little bit longer to cook.
- Can I grill frozen chicken thighs?
It is recommended to thaw the chicken thighs completely before grilling to ensure even cooking. Thawing in the refrigerator overnight is the safest method. But you can use the defrost setting on your microwave.
- Charcoal Grill
Both gas and charcoal grills work nicely for grilling chicken thighs. Gas grills offer convenience and precise temperature control, while charcoal grills provide a unique smoky flavor. Choose the grill that suits your preference and follow the recipe instructions accordingly.
Grilled chicken thighs pair well with a variety of side dishes. Consider serving them with grilled vegetables, a fresh salad, roasted potatoes, or corn on the cob. The choice is yours!
- Can I use the same marinade for other meats, such as chicken breasts or pork?
Absolutely! The marinade we provided works well with various cuts of chicken and even pork. Feel free to experiment and adapt the flavors to suit different proteins.
- Can I grill boneless skinless chicken thighs indoors if I don’t have access to an outdoor grill?
Using a grill pan or a countertop electric grill, you can grill boneless skinless chicken thighs indoors. Preheat the grill pan or electric grill to medium-high heat and follow the exact grilling instructions for an outdoor grill.
How do you store?
You can store leftover cooked chicken thighs by letting them completely cool down and putting them in a sealed container. And refrigerate for up to three days.
You can freeze it too!
Let the thighs cool down after grilling and put them into a Ziploc. Freeze for up to six months. Thaw before serving and reheat in the microwave.
Grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Large bowl
- 2 lbs Skinless boneless Chicken thigh
- 2 cups Filipino Style Barbecue Sauce
- Place the chicken thighs into a large bowl.
- Add in the Filipino Style Barbecue Sauce. Gently mix the ingredients and marinate in the fridge overnight. Please see the notes for the Filipino Style Sauce Recipe.
- Turn on the grill and line the chicken thighs.
- Cook the chicken for eight minutes on both sides.
- Brush with the homemade baste and serve.