How to Cook Deviled Egg Potato Salad in Instant Pot Duo Crisp: Discover the perfect method for cooking deviled egg potato salad in the Instant Pot. This simple step-by-step guide achieves a creamy and flavorful salad every time. This recipe is how I cook deviled potato salad. I am proud of this meal, so in this blog post today, I will take you through each step of crafting this delightful dish, ensuring that your meal starts on a delicious note.
When you are busy, you look for quick and delicious meal options and when you’re tired of the same old meal choices and want something easy to make and delicious, you’re in for a treat. This one is so good.
Although I am not a sandwich eater, I love to make this salad as a filling for my sandwich, and I can’t stop eating it. This sandwich is my favorite. It is creamy and tastes good. It’s perfect for the next day’s lunch, and you can skip the carby slice bread and eat it by itself.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe?
A simple meal is a lifesaver when you are a busy mom or dad. So, this sandwich comes into the picture. The potatoes and the eggs were cooked together in the Instant Pot, cutting cooking times in half.
Its quick preparation, delicious taste, and endless customization options make it the perfect way to kickstart your day, and pack up your lunches. Say goodbye to bland meals and hello to this yummy deviled egg. Give it a try, and you’ll be hooked in no time.
- Quick– Cooking the egg and the potato simultaneously saves so much time. If you boil a Russett potato, it will take forty to an hour to cook. But when you cook it in the Instant Pot, it takes only six minutes.
- Cheap– although nothing is cheap right now, a bag of potatoes can cost four dollars. In this case, I knew I would be making a small egg-potato sandwich, so I bought one piece of Russet Potato for 88 cents.
- Delicious. You can fill this on your favorite buns like this Rolls.
- Customizable– season it with your favorite sices. Use this HOmemade Gochugaru to spice it up. Or use this Bang Bang sauce.
- Perfect for Lunches– although this Deviled Egg and Potato Salad has no shelf life, you can make it ahead. Say the night before consuming them. I always make it the night I come home from work and pack it for lunch the next day.
Ingredients You’ll Need
What’s in my pantry?
I have all the ingredients on hand, so there is no need to have a grocery run.
- Four large eggs– You will see in the picture that I cooked ten eggs, but I use only four for this recipe. The rest of the boiled eggs went to my son’s belly.
- One medium-sized Russett potato, sliced into six.
- Kewpie mayo– you can use low-fat mayonnaise or any mayo you have. I like how the Kewpie Mayo tastes in this recipe.
- Season this deviled potato salad according to your liking: onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Cook Deviled Egg and Potato Salad in Instant Pot Duo Crisp
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
- First, gather all your ingredients and ensure they are readily accessible. This will streamline the cooking process and make your experience more enjoyable.
Step 2: Cut the Potatoes
- Peel and slice the potatoes and peel them. Divide them into six to five. The goal is to make both the potatoes and the egg cook simultaneously. So, cut it accordingly.
Step 3: Prepare the Instant Pot Duo Crisp
- Put the inner pot into the Instant Pot base. Place the trivet with the handle up. Arrange the egg on one side and arrange the sliced potatoes on one side. Cover with the Pressure cooker lid. Set the pressure to HI. Set the timer to six minutes—quick release after cooking.
Step 4: Season the Egg and Potato
- Put the cooked potato and four eggs into a large bowl. Mash roughly using a masher.
- Season the Deviled Egg Potato Salad according to your liking.
Step: Assemble the Sandwich
You can use your favorite bread or buns. Splay a plastic wrap on a flat surface and put one slice of bread. Put a generous amount of the egg potato sandwich on top.
- Wrap the bread and slice tightly.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
Your Instant Pot Deviled egg and potato salad is ready to be savored! Serve it hot and relish the delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Tips for Success on How to Cook Deviled Egg Potato Salad in Instant Pot Duo
- Experiment with the amount of mayo spices. You can customize this according to your liking.
- To improve the taste, sprinkle some guchogaru and use Bang Bang Sauce instead of mayo and mustard for extra zing.
- Customize your sandwich with your favorite toppings like avocado, tomatoes, or lettuce.
Variations to Explore
- For a healthier option, use whole wheat buns.
- Consider adding some cooked bacon or sausage for meat lovers.
- Swap out regular potatoes for sweet potatoes for a different flavor profile.
Why Choose the Instant Pot
Convenience. It reduces cooking time, locks in flavors, and makes meal preparation a breeze. Investing in an Instant Pot is a decision you won’t regret.
Can I use frozen potatoes for this recipe?
- No. Often, frozen potatoes tend to sog when cooked frozen, so in this recipe, use freshly sliced potatoes.
Can I make this sandwich ahead of time?
- Absolutely! But you can only store it in the fridge for two days from when you make it. Fill the bread when you are ready to eat it. Preparing the sandwich ahead makes the bread wet and soggy.
Are there vegetarian options for this sandwich?
- Yes, this recipe is vegetarian-friendly. Feel free to customize it to suit your dietary preferences.
Can I add other vegetables to the egg mixture?
- Of course! Get creative and add your favorite veggies for a personalized touch.
Is the Instant Pot easy to clean?
- Yes, the Instant Pot’s inner pot is removable and dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.
How do you store?
This salad is not leftover friendly. So cooked just 3nought for the next meal. This is good for one day only. If you plan to have an excess, store it in an airtight container and store.in the fridge overnight. Freezing also is not possible for this salad.
How to Cook Deviled Egg Potato Salad in Instant Pot Duo Crisp
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisp Plus Air Fryer 8 quart
- 1 trivet
- 1 Masher
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Large Rosett Potato
- 4 pieces Hard Boiled Egg
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Kewpie mayo
- 2 Tbsp Honey mustard
Prepare the Egg and Potato for Cooking
- Wash the Russet Potato an peel. Cut it into seven to eight pieces.
- Put the cooking pot in the Instant Pot base and set the trivet with handle up. Add the water.
- Arrange the egg on ones side and the potato to the other side.
- Cover the instant pot with the pressure cooker lid. Set the pressure to LO and set the timer to six minutes.
- When it's done, there will be another beep. Don't release the pressure, but instead set your phone timer to three minutes. When the phone timer is up, push the release button and pressure will be released. The floating button will go down and you can open the pressure cooker lid. Transfer the egg to the ice bath and let the egg sit there for three minutes. Transfer the potato to a large bowl.
- Put the egg and the potato to a large bowl and mash roughly. You can alsomash it to make it creamy, but for me, I like some solid eggs and potato in my salad.
- Season the mixture and season it according to your liking.
Assemble the sandwich
- Line a cling wrap on a flat surface and put one slice of the bread on top. Top the sliced bread with the Deviled Egg Potato Salad. Put the other sliced bread to cover. Wrap the sliced bread tightly.
- Cut the potato cook it simultaneously with the egg. I use a large Russet potato and cut it into six to eight. Use your judgement on how big the size of the slices. My judgement of large potato is different from yours.
- Season according to your liking. Make this Deviled Egg Potato salad spicy, and sweeter if you want. Season it according to your liking.
- I used four boiled eggs in this recipe. The rest of the eggs you see above were packed for lunch.